Forgive me for all the posts on one day... I just downloaded pics from the whole month last night and I thought I would take the chance to update the blog on a few events.
We decided to check out
Fossil Rim Wildlife Park while we were in the area on Saturday. It was a great experience! You drive through the park and all kinds of "wild" animals are around you. We bought a bag of food to feed the animals...you roll down your window and throw a few pellets on the ground. Apparently they are accustomed to this because as soon as they see your car they start heading over to check it out. We

were face to face with llamas, emu, zebras, giraffes, and several types of deer. There were also a few animals behind fences -- rhinos, cheetahs, bison, and a longhorn. It was sooooo fun for all of us. The best part was when a giraffe stuck his head in the car window right next to Ben. We were so busy watching him walk (from our car we

were eye level to his knees) that we didn't realize how close he really was with the window rolled down. Ben got a bit of giraffe slobber on his side of the car -- he managed to dodge it from getting on him. Of course it doesn't get any better than giraffe slobber for 2 boys. :)
2 comments:
I loved doing Fossil Rim with my 6th graders on their last "hoorah" overnight trip before jr. high .... good memories! I'm extremely impressed with Ben's dodging slobber abilities ... we weren't always so lucky. ;) Sam would love it, but I'm sure he would be a bit freaked out!
I was surprised with how calm Silas was with the whole thing. He just wanted to make sure that he threw an equal amount of food to the animals compared to Elam.
Post a Comment