Since I have started working, blogging seems to have fallen off the radar a bit. I still think throughout the day about blog posts that I could do, but don't seem to get to the computer to type them out. So, here is our week in review...
- We were really bummed out when we heard that my grandparents couldn't make their trip over here to visit -- my grandmother had to have a pacemaker put in last week. She is doing well and we're glad that she was able to stay in the States to have her operation. Would have been awfully scary for her to have an 'episode' here and not be able to quickly get to the hospital.
- We have been loving the webcam. We were able to check in with my granparents (and mom -- she's with them at the moment) several days in a row. It was nice to be able to *see* my grandma up and about. We've also had a chance to chat with my aunt and uncle and my cousin and her daughter. My dad has since bought a webcam and we're planning a call once he gets his DSL set up in their new home.
- The boys finished out the 2nd term (England is on a 3 term school calendar rather than semesters) last Friday and are on a 2 1/2 week Easter break. We've had many more fun rounds of Ticket to Ride, gaming on the Playstation, and lots of playtime with friends.
- I have survived a few weeks of work at Tesco (including the early mornings!). It definitely keeps me busy. And I think I may lose some weight from all the *running* I do around the store...well, if I can stay away from the cooked English breakfasts they serve in the canteen.
- We had a fun Easter box arrive from the States the other day (Thanks Lee and Nikki!). We had our pastor and her 2 kids over yesterday and we all dyed eggs together. Egg dying is not done here in England, so they thought that was pretty cool. I'll have to post pics of that later.
- Ben is still working on his 6 month review -- ~20 page paper. He's having to play babysitter to the kids more now that I am working, so his work time happens in spurts unfortunately. He's hoping to have it done by this weekend so that we can have some family *vacation* time next week.
2 comments:
We really need to get a webcam ... to keep in touch with the yankee grandparents. :)
Hey, weekly updates work out perfectly for me this week as we will be in internet silence for a while! Hope it is a great week and the vacation time becomes a reality!
Sus
Post a Comment