19 October 2007

Presidential hopeful 2040 or new school councillor?


Elam decided to run for a seat on his school council. One boy and one girl from each class -- years 3-6 -- are elected to the school council. He made his speech on Tuesday and wore the hat during the speech. We should probably take a moment to thank Lee and Nikki for sending the hat this past July...from rumors I've heard, it may have sealed the deal. We find out this afternoon the results of the election.


Here's E's speech:
Hi! I’m Elam Blackwell. I’m from Green class. Here’s why I think I should be a school councillor. I would think as hard as I can to make lots of bright suggestions like making the school more eco-friendly. I am a good friend and usually I am happy. I pay lots of attention to things that are important. Also I am a good listener. When I was a mini-bud I had a good attendance record for the meetings. And that’s why I think I should be a school councillor.

I’ll be the best school councillor in the school if you vote for me. Thank you and I hope you vote for me.


*** UPDATE: E came home pretty upset this afternoon. He didn't win the election. But he said that wasn't why he was so sad...it was because many of his friends told him that they voted for him but then told him they really hadn't when the results were announced. A hard life lesson for sure!

7 comments:

Marc and Charity said...

I would vote for Elam! He's cute and clever! :)

Anonymous said...

"and usually I am happy." was my favorite part!

Marc and Charity said...

I know, I do hear shut up a lot, so this was not your ordinary mum probably.

And someone said they were a "jordie" and I was like, oookkkkaaaay. but then I remembered that what y'all are called up there...why?

Norm said...

If only we were registered to vote!

He would definitely be our favorite candidate.

Love
Grandpa Norm and Grandma Alice

Mostly Coastal said...

Great kid, fab hat, brilliant speech...not so brilliant friends.

Norm said...

Win or lose...having the courage to run is what matters. Continuing to love your friends matters even more.

A hard lesson indeed.

Big Hug for you!
Grandpa Norm and Grandma Alice

Anonymous said...

That class will just have to endure a councilor without the "class" Of Master E.J. Blackwell. Too Bad for them!!
LoveU, MO & PAPA