- Yesterday E was working on a poem about weather. He came downstairs to ask me how to spell 'weather'. I told him to spell my name and just replace the H with a W. He spelled it 'Hether'. I shrieked and told him that I couldn't believe he couldn't spell his own mother's name...that my heart was breaking. He started laughing and I started getting more and more dramatic every time he'd try to spell it. Silas heard us having fun from the other room and came to check out what was going on. When Elam asked him if he knew how to spell my name, he said 'm-o-m'. :)
- Yesterday after school Silas and I sat down to read Dr. Seuss' Scrambled Eggs Super. After we read I told him that I thought he needed to make me some scrambled eggs for lunch. He said he wouldn't. I asked him what we were going to do? We might starve if he couldn't make me food! How were we going to eat? He looked at me and said rather matter-of-factly, 'Mom, there's this little place called Tesco.' Well...that solved that! :)
- At breakfast E and Silas got in a discussion about '3 and 1 make 4'. Silas said 3 and 1 make 31. Well, I couldn't pass up that moment so we talked about adding and writing and reading numbers. I wrote several 2 digit numbers -- 22, 48, 71, 86, 99, 57, 11 -- and he was able to read every one of them. I was amazed. I thought I would give him a *hard* one and wrote 14. He looked at me and said 'one-ty four?' We all laughed about that a bit. I wrote the next one -- 28 -- and he looks at me with a grin on his face and says 'two-ty eight'. After a few laughs and some sound effects I realized he was really saying 'tooty eight'. For the boys, every great conversation ends in a fart joke!
18 October 2007
Silas' sayings
Here are a few just from the past 2 days:
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
Seriously...he can't be three and one-half...this is much too early for loving fart jokes...that usually starts around age 5...He is tooooo funny!
Well, I think that has more to do with having a 7 yr. old brother!
Starts around 5 and ends around....
Ouch...somebody just slapped me up along side the head! :)
Post a Comment