
It's funny to me that St. Patrick's Day is celebrated more in the States than it is in the UK (well, in NE England anyway!) In a silly attempt to celebrate in our own way, Silas and I made green eggs and ham for dinner. They were a huge hit with the boys. Ben's away this week, so he missed out on the fun.
Later that night, I heard Silas talking to himself upstairs...for an awfully long time. He had a bit of homework yet to tackle so I called him downstairs. He brought along one of our big Dr. Seuss treasury books with a huge smile on his face. He declared, 'I can REALLY read it!' So we put aside the homework and worked on reading Green Eggs and Ham. He did it all by himself...read the WHOLE thing. I slipped away for a few minutes to grab the camera to get a bit on video. What a super reader he's becoming!
5 comments:
Well Done! What a Brilliant reader! love, grammy
I like it! Ya, I know about the strange lack of celebrating st. pats day, even working with several drinkers they said they wouldn't go out. "It's an irish holiday." which is kinda funny
Well done Elam too... very restrained!
Julie
Great job! Do I detect a bit of an accent?
What a great job Silas! And congrats to you too Elam for sharing that experience with him.
Love to all,
grandpa Norm and grandma Alice
Post a Comment