20 September 2007

A random post about things which make me happy

  • organization!!! -- I've just ordered a few more pieces of furniture to help with our organization in the house...a smaller bookshelf in our dining room that perhaps will NOT be the catch-all for everything that makes it's way into our lives (which allowed me to move the large bookshelf upstairs to hold the boys' games and toys in nice little containers), a small filing cabinet to hold Ben's massive piles of papers that he's collecting and piling in the study, and a small desk for me to put all my scrapbooking stuff upon (finally a space to call home for all my SB stuff!!!)
  • children that play for a whole afternoon with their friends without bickering, screaming, hitting, and whatever else usually lands them in 'time on the stairs'
  • discussing my hubby's new facial hair 'experiment' with him -- I'm voting for shave the mustache and keep the bottom part of the goatee
  • my breadmaker -- I am seriously loving it. In the past month we've only bought tortillas at the store. I've made white bread, brown bread, herb and cheese bread, rolls, petit pains, pizza dough, and rosemary foccacia. If anyone has any other great breadmaker recipes (for a 1.5 lb. breadmaker), I'd love the recipe!
  • shopping at Tesco.com -- yes, it's my job to pick the orders for people that order online but this week I became a customer. They had a coupon for free delivery, so I took advantage of that opportunity and ordered all the heavy stuff that I normally hate to carry home (flour, pasta, canned goods, juice, potatoes, etc.) It was so nice to come home from work on Monday and all my stuff was already there (Ben was at home to get the delivery).
  • the special offer on Twix bars this past week! :)

Last week I was seriously having a rough week. (Maybe you can tell from the one post last week...and that was a doozy!) It's much better this week...much of that is from getting organized (an organized environment is seriously good for me!) but it's also from looking at all the things I am grateful for...looking at the (sometimes small) happy moments that we're blessed with. Anyway, if you're having a rough week I would suggest a happy post. It's a great reminder.

9 comments:

Jess Connell said...

Hey, um, I'd love to have the rosemary foccacia recipe and herb and cheese bread. I just got a breadmaker too and would LOVE the recipes! :)

Thanks!
Jess

Jess Connell said...

wanted to add: (Sorry I don't have any fabulous recipes to share with YOU!) :) I tried a cinnamon bread recipe, and it was so-so... I won't be making it again, if that tells you how it rated. So I'd love to know what you're making!

Jess

abigail said...

Glad you're having a better week! Hope to see you Sunday!

Jennifer said...

Sorry you had a rough week. I'm glad the organization made it better. Getting organized and/or cleaning my house always makes me feel better, too.

Marc and Charity said...

I'm sorry you were having a rough week! I hope this one is better!

Norm said...

Facial hair, furniture, friends for the boys, and foccacia bread, who would have figured? Funny the "fancy frills" our Father finds to fill our lives with fun and force the foul things of life far from us.

love Dad

Mostly Coastal said...

Glad to hear you are moving out of your "dog days" of summer :p Organization and Twix -- what's not to smile about?! Spinner trays can put a smile on my face ;)

Hailey said...

I love that you had a rough week and combatted (spelling?) it with a positive post. I need to do the same. Thanks for the post!

the blackwells said...

I should also add that blog comments make me happy. Thanks for stoppin' by! :)