05 September 2007

Sometimes happiness is being alone...

at least for this introverted girl. Now, don't get me wrong, I am absolutely thrilled that my kids have loads of neighborhood kids to play with and that they are often hanging out here. Especially as my boys get older, I want to be the house where kids come to hang out. It means I know what's going on. But, through the summer holidays I have discovered that I get a tad overwhelmed when kids are here everyday and I am looking after 5 or 6 all the time. As an introvert I need some solitude -- time away from everyone to recharge my batteries.

School started today and that was a good thing. Sy still only goes for 2.5 hours in the morning but I realize now what I can get done in that amount of time. Today, though, I came home from dropping them off and enjoyed the peace. I made a cup of tea and watched a chick flick all by myself. It was really nice! Tomorrow I'll step back into reality -- get the house tidied, and maybe run to the store sans kiddos.

2 comments:

Hailey said...

I'm so glad you got some time to re-charge. Derek is the same way - needs a little time to himself. The boys look fabulous in their first day of school picture. So cute! Enjoy getting things done and drinking tea. Love you.

Mostly Coastal said...

Ah...the sound of silence...
A beautiful sound, is it not?!
A cup of tea...a chick flick...
All that's missing is the tiramisu;)