My children always seem well behaved when they are anywhere but home. My mother reminded me that everyone needs a place to fall apart, even adults, and if that place isn't your home, where would it be? As always, she was right -- we all need a place where we're comfortable enough to have a bad day and know that the people around us will love us no matter what. -- Julie K.
Obviously it is still important to discipline your children, and expect them to behave. But it's a great reminder that we all have bad days...and I'm sure glad I can have them with my hubby, or my mom, or even with my children and know that I'm still loved. I think I will relax and pray for a bit more patience to handle it the right way the next time E or Sy has a rough day.
2 comments:
You're right -- your momma does love you and she can hardly wait to be there for "the good, the bad, the ugly"...of course, in her mind, it will all be good!
That's so true! Thanks for the reminder. . . i need to apply it to my hubby too, as I expect him to come home every day from work giddy and excited to be home, instead of exhausted and ready to un-wind!
Post a Comment