- We took the train and metro over to Tynemouth (on the North Sea and at the mouth of the River Tyne). We arrived to a flea market in the metro station...we ate at a traditional British pub -- Fitzpatricks -- for lunch...we walked through the Tynemouth Priory and Castle...the boys and I walked along the beach...a very nice day out.
- The boys' school hosted a magician for a fundraiser. We all went over and the boys had a really fun time. They were most amazed by his pet ducks and rabbit that were part of the show.
- We trekked into Durham's city centre to see the cathedral, the castle, and the shops. Mom treated us to a nice lunch in the cathedral's cafe. Silas and I had to leave because he was wearing out, but mom and Patty had a nice afternoon there.
- Mom and I got to have a night away in Newcastle. I had intended to have a nice night away with my husband when he returned from California. I got a room for us in Newcastle from one of those discount hotel websites. Unfortunately, even if your plane is stuck in California you can not change your reservation. So, thanks to some awesome friends who kept the boys overnight, mom and I headed to Newcastle for the night. We ate at Nandos and watched the Jane Austen Book Club movie (it was my first movie in a theatre since I've moved to England).
- We celebrated Thanksgiving at our place last Sunday. We invited all the American theology students and their families that we know. We ended up having 40+ people at our house! I didn't even think that many people could fit in our house...but we managed...and it was GREAT food!
- Grammy brought some really great games -- Snap and In a Pickle. We had quite a few fun game nights together.
- Right before they left we put the Christmas tree up. We put on some great Christmas music, made some hot chocolate, and put up the tree. Holidays are here!
- We had a small birthday celebration for Sy (his real birthday is the 8th).
30 November 2007
The past 2 weeks
Besides the little hiccup at the beginning of the trip, we had a great time with Grammy and Aunt Patty. Here's a few highlights...and hopefully I'll manage to post a slideshow of activities in the next few days.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Did you like the Jane Austin Book Club movie? I haven't heard much about it.
Post a Comment