05 December 2007

Joyeux Noel

Elam has been in French club for the past few weeks. Here is his excellent letter to Santa in French. (He did tell me that he isn't planning to send it though since it isn't really what he wants...he only knows so many vocab words.) :)

Cher Pere Noel,
Je m'appelle Elam Blackwell.
J'habite a Gilesgate.
Je voudrais:
un velo,
un ordinateur et
un livre.
Merci.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Well, I'm so glad Elam clarified that this wasn't his real wish list!

Hailey said...

if only i could read it! i always knew E was smarter than I was!

the blackwells said...

Oh yes, translation:
Dear Father Christmas,
My name is Elam Blackwell.
I live in Gilesgate.
I would like:
a bike,
a computer and
a book.
Thanks.

Marc and Charity said...

very cute! y'all staying warm up/over there?

Norm said...

Well par lay vu y'all! I think I remember taking French, unfortunately I don't remember any of the French, except French dressing. And I don't like that anyway.

It's pretty cool that he did this.

Let's see how many languages are known or in the process of being known in the Blackwell family?

Anonymous said...

It does feel like Christmas now that we saw snow yesterday. It was just a few minutes in the midst of rain, but fun. It has been quite windy.

French and German are the two moderns. Greek and Latin the two ancient.