We just came in from outside...I stood out on the cul-de-sac behind our house to watch Silas ride his bike. All by himself! He tends to take the bike next to a curb so that he can stand on the curb to get on the bike...then he just goes. He turns like a pro and even goes up and down a few little *hills*.
We had started practicing again about a week ago. He did well when I just pinched his shirt. But after a little fall he got wobbly and just freaked out a little bit. I told him to stop and remember that he can do it. I told him that if he reminds himself over and over again that he can do it, then he can (I used to love The Little Engine that Could, if you can't tell). So, he hopped on the bike and just chanted, 'I can do it, I can do it' over and over again. It was awesome!
So we have another official bike rider in the family. Elam's already planning to ask Ben if we can get a bike for me now. :)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
4 comments:
Sweet!
Nothing like a brisk bike ride to lift the spirits...especially when you "know you can!"
Way to go Silas!!!
I've seen other blogs that don't show up right in IE. I deleted my signature and that seemed to do the trick. Glad it looks better now, it was really bugging me to know people weren't seeing everything!!
Good job Silas!
Hubs has been talking about me getting a bike too, but considering the pollution - I'm a little nervous.
Post a Comment