16 July 2008

I'm not exactly striking...

I'm just taking a break today (well, sort of).

So, my schedule here doesn't exactly allow for many *down days*. I work at Tesco Saturday, Sunday, and Monday. The other days of the week are full of taking kids to school, picking them up at 2 (and sometimes 3) different pick-up times, laundry, cooking, housekeeping, all the usual stuff. Because Ben is on duty with the kids on the weekends, I feel a bit like it should primarily rest on my shoulders during the week. So, a few days ago I asked Ben if I could have day off. Could he drop off, pick up, make lunches, entertain Silas in the afternoon, etc?

The boys and I leave for the States in just under 3 weeks. Between now and then I have a book club meeting at our house, a dual birthday party (E and one of his friends) at our house, dentist appointments for the whole fam, a Bible Study group at our house, a week of Holiday Club (VBS) at the church, end of the school year stuff at school (the boys get out of school a week from today)...the list goes on. My goal was to get somewhat caught up with my scrapbooking...I want to take 3 finished albums back to the States to keep us from having to ship them or carry them with us whenever it's time for us to move back there for good. So, here I am on my day off doing loads of scrapbooking. I started at 9am and it's just past 2.30p. I've finished 14 pages so far...hoping for several more before my back gives out on me. :)

4 comments:

Mostly Coastal said...

14 pages and counting?! That could be worse on the back than hours and hours of face-painting at the school!...I hope you through in a coffee break at the little shop that you and E went to that one day...with a chocolate something or other...you deserve it with all you do for others, my dear! love you...can't wait to see you and your wonderful scrapbooking pages!!

Andrea Cole said...

When are ya'll coming to the states and where will you be??????????? I haven't read in a while - I'm taking a "break" too - catching up on the blogs I read.

Hailey said...

Way to go! I can't wait to see you. You sound like we do - trying to accomplish way too much before you leave! Have fun - you're such a diligent scrapper!

Anonymous said...

No way that you got 14 pages done. Seriously?