20 July 2008

I know I should be ashamed...

I couldn't really put 4th of July as the title right under the post's date of 20 July, could I???
Well, here are the long-awaited pictures from the 4th. It was a very interesting multi-cultural event -- we celebrated America's independence in the country we declared independence from while eating a Mexican food feast and painting kids faces with Japanese and African masks. Sounds intersting, eh?
I mentioned in a previous post that I needed some facepainting practice for the school's summer fair. So, I unleashed the brushes and sponges on the American kiddos at the party for a bit of practice. I found it hilarious that they chose some really random things rather than, hmmm, stars and stripes or something like that. It was all good fun though.
I also had the foresight to save one pack of sparklers from Bonfire Night (back in November) so the kids got to do a few of those. You'll notice in the pictures that Elam still has a healthy fear of fire (could his arm reach any further?) and, apparently, Silas does too. I got to hold one sparkler for him...but he decided to take a turn on 'round 2'.

(Oh yeah...remember that it doesn't get dark in these parts until about 11pm in the summer, so we had our sparkler fun in the 9pm light.)

2 comments:

Mostly Coastal said...

No shame...with your schedule, are you kidding?! Seriously...this was your "trial" run? That is the most amazing face painting I've ever seen...you could "hire out" here as a party face painter =) E's face is the most amazing, with Spidey second...the kids are actually hard to recognize, aren't they?!

care-in said...

These look really great. You should do parties!