06 July 2007

Off to 'ze' races


Ben and Elam took off for a father/son weekend down to London. The Tour de France is starting there this year. I decided against using up my vacation time to sit around for hours waiting for a couple of hundred men to speed by on bikes. Mostly I didn't want to drag 2 kiddos around London in a mob of people and then have to entertain them for hours. So, Ben and E went and Silas and I are planning a quiet weekend at home.

I just talked to Ben and they arrived at a friend's flat -- free accomodation is always a bonus! They're going to try to hit the Science Museum in the morning for E and then head out to the race.

1 comment:

Norm said...

Hey now, let's not berate the idea of sitting around for hours waiting for a couple of hundred men to speed by on bikes! :) My pour wife did that for me for several years! Anyway, I think today is the Time Trial and it's one guy suffering miserably at a time! They'll love it!!!