Silas has never been that big into game night. With a brother that is 3 1/2 years older, the games they want to play are a bit different. He's always been ok with just putting a few pieces on the Risk board, or holding a few of the discards in any card game...and then going off to play by himself.
Well, now we have UNO. This boy is a master at his colors and numbers, so he's having a great time joining in the fun. He's even happier when he wins the game.
The other day I asked if he wanted to play some UNO when he came home from school...just the 2 of us. He couldn't have been more excited. When I won (for the 2nd time) I encouraged him by saying, 'Wow! You only had 3 cards left...that was a really close game!' He looked at me, smiled, and said, 'I should have said TRES!'
08 February 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
What a clever little boy -- Tres instead of Uno...his little mind just cracks me up! Give him a hug for me...love, grammy
My goodness, you've been busy with updates. It appears I've lost track of time and checking up on things. I'm not sure I understood the pancakes and bacon thing...when I was there working, I had that combination regularly at the hotel. Perhaps they are use to "foreigners" and their odd ways.
What did seem odd was the way they delivered toast. It was always cold and always in what appeared to be a "letter holder" slotted tray. Some mornings I was not sure whether I should "open it" or eat it.
Love to all
Dad & Alice
Post a Comment