E's class is doing a 'sponsored spell' next week. They have 20 challenging words (actually there are 3 different levels within his class) and they are asking family and friends to *sponsor* them for their test. We sponsor him x pence per word and then pay up on however many words he gets right on his test...money going towards school ground improvements. He's made a phone call to a friend here, and he's sent the sponsor sheet in with Ben to hit up fellow PhDers.
He has been very diligent in working on his words -- investigate, experiment, pollution, paragraph, environment, collective, etc. He sits at the table and repeats the spelling of the word about 3 or 4 times (investigate is i-n-v-e-s-t-i-g-a-t-e) and then covers his eyes and repeats it. He's done this 2 days and I gave him a pre-test this evening -- 17 out of 20!
No doubt we'll be coughing up for all 20 words by next week. :)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
This post made me flash to our OBU days when Ben & Justin were raising funds to study in Israel. Didn't they do some kind of bike ride & they wanted us to pledge something per mile. Well, I was thinking that they looked pretty healthy & I was nervous about how far they would ride so I think I pledged a one time gift of $5.
Do "foreigners" count as contributors?
Post a Comment