06 May 2008

Signs of Spring

Yesterday was a Bank Holiday -- the boys didn't have school and I didn't have to work. So, the boys and I walked into the city centre and met Ben. We ate lunch at Nando's (yummm!)...it took longer than we expected since everyone else was off work too. It was a nice lunch out as a family though -- it just doesn't happen very often anymore (the eating out part, not the nice part.) :) We had planned to go to the Botanical Gardens, but by the time we realized that the bus we were looking for doesn't run on Bank Holidays it was going to be too late to see much of the gardens. Bummer. So, we opted to take a long leisurely walk home by the river and through the fields.


*** Can you spot the Durham Cathedral in the background of a few of pictures?

3 comments:

Hailey said...

YES please! Wish we could have joined you - your surroundings are so much more beautiful than ours! I'm still wondering why God created the desert - specifially indio, california!

Mostly Coastal said...

Thanks so much for the post and the pics -- I was getting mental popping on only to find lentils again! Beautiful spring pics -- our winter has been way too long, too, and it appears to have finally arrived. Love the pic of the boys hugging -- first one I've seen where E doesn't have Silas in a headlock hug!

Norm said...

Great pics...is there a way to download the file from Slide.com to post some pics of y'all on our blog?

It's interesting to hear folks talk about Spring...we've been in spring mode for almost two months now. Go figure! :)

Love
Dad & Alice