14 May 2007

It's not so bad...

to walk to work at 5.45a when it's bright and sunny outside. That's right...sunrise today at 5.02a. And sunset isn't until after 9.00p. Plus we're still gaining 3 or 4 minutes a day...and the longest day of the year isn't for another month.

Now, all this light does come with a few challenges. It is so bright when the boys go to bed. We do have blackout shades which help a lot. But we also have to make sure that we close all the shades upstairs and keep the bathroom door shut so that the light doesn't stream through in the morning and get the boys up way too early. We haven't heard the birds yet though. When we arrived last summer Ben and I were awakened one of the first mornings in our home by seagulls at 4.30a!!!

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

OMG...E has been waking up early lately 6:00 or 6:30 saying "i'm not tired anymore"...we're hoping it's a phase!

Bendor family said...

I do LOVE the light! I also love the new set up of the blog, looks cool! Hope you are well.
Sus

Liz said...

I remember those long days when I did a summer in Poland. The strangest thing - we're in Alabama now and there is a bird that insists on singing at 2 a.m., in the dark!

Anonymous said...

If you have to be walking to work at 5:45am light is much preferable to dark! Blackout shades will be a must though. We were in Finland/Russia for White Nights several years ago - very strange to be bright and sunny at 3am!

Marc and Charity said...

We just went to buy curtains for our bedroom this morning!!! Thank goodness for black-outs!!! Bailey was waking at 5:40 every morning till we got her blacked out, it's like a cave now!!!