Towards the end of dinner tonight Papa (my grandpa) asks the boys if they are up for dessert. (What a silly question!!!) He tells the boys they can either have leftover banana pudding from last night's dessert or 'blank'. Elam says, 'Well, what is blank?' Papa replies that he won't tell him, he just has to decide which one he would like. E thinks for a minute and then says that if he chooses blank he wants to have the option to change his mind before having to eat it. Papa says 'no deal, you have to choose now and then stick with your choice.' E thinks a bit more, and after Mo (my grandma) tells him that she promises that he will like blank, he announces that he will have 1/2 banana pudding and 1/2 blank. I have no idea what blank is either but I already know my choice...but only because I don't like banana pudding. :) And honestly, I'm laughing on the inside because I'm seeing me in Elam. We are both rather low-risk people and this whole exchange has made it more evident to me.
Just because I really want to see if what I know he'll say is correct, I ask Silas what he wants. He is a blank kid all the way...no hesitation!
BTW, it was a chocolate and nut ice cream cone. When Papa pulled them out of the freezer, Elam looks and shouts, 'I want BLANK!!!'
06 June 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
uhm....that would have been a tough one. The 'ol bird in hand thing. But then when you figure it's banana pudding, and leftover banana pudding at that, what's the risk? I mean, really??? :)
Love
Dad
LOOK - I don't really appreciate you all having fun without us. Please quit eating ice-cream. Make sure to stay inside and pout all day!!
Post a Comment