01 June 2007

We know it's worth it but it still makes us flinch

Ben and I decided to go out on a (much needed) date tonight while my grandparents were here to babysit. We've been hearing about a pretty decent Mexican restaurant (Chiquitos) here in the city centre, so we thought we'd go check it out. I had some great chicken fajitas (no beans and rice served with it though) and Ben had chicken enchiladas. We both also *splurged* and got a soda with dinner...plus a coffee at the end. Our bill came to £30. If you just change that pound sign to a dollar sign that seems reasonable -- it was definitely a $30 dinner. BUT if you actually do the £ to $ conversion, it makes you want to choke on all the food you just ate...$60 for that?!?!?! Ugghhh! And that's why we ALWAYS eat at home in England!

4 comments:

Hailey said...

Dang! Well atleast you had FREE babysitting and got a night out! I don't think i'd even pay $60 for my favorite mexican restaurant - wowzer!

Derek and I are going out tonight for our 7th anniversary that is actually on Sunday. We're looking forward to a movie (Pirates of the Carribean III I think) and dinner - maybe mexican - but for only $30.

love ya!

Mostly Coastal said...

OK, so maybe the way to take the sting out of this is to think how much it cost Mo and Papa to come and babysit for that one night ;-)

Marc and Charity said...

I know! We ate at Nando's last night...yummy, but ouch on the wallet!

We ALWAYS eat at home too. Not quite as fun, but way cheaper!

Anonymous said...

Wow but remember that Ed Young always said it's worth it! haha I copied my slide show from yours - those are so cool. I'm studying your blogto make mine better because YOU are the best blogger ever! We miss you guys - can't believe it's been almost a year since ya'll left.
Andrea