So the boys don't have an English accent quite yet but they are definitely adopting new or different sounding words. E started calling me "Mum" this week. He has also started saying banana and tomato with an accent (buh-naw-nuh and to-maw-toe). It's pretty funny!
1 comment:
Heather, I had to comment on this one. Course, Chinese words are getting interspersed with our own kids' vocabularies (Baxter actually does conversational-talking while playing, like between trucks, in Chinese).
But what I wanted to write about is that the Korean kids here speak English with a British accent because they played so long with some British children that aren't here anymore. They call me "Auntie Jess" (like on-tee Jess). It makes me smile- it is so precious!
Hey- if your kids pick up the British accent, it may be a great thing... I've always thought it sounded WAY smarter than "y'all" and "fixin to"... even though I still unabashedly use both of those! Cheers to Elam & Silas!
Post a Comment