24 October 2006

Major Disappointments

Silas is sick again. He vomited on Sunday morning and has felt fine since. We planned a playdate for today (waiting 48 hours after that little tummy bug or whatever it was). Well...today he has had 3 bouts of diarrhea (so far -- more is sure to come). Uggh! Not that the sickness isn't bad enough but there has been a domino effect that has led to other disappointments...
  • No friends over today!
  • Silas only goes to school on Wednesdays -- well, that is out for tomorrow. He was pretty sad about that when I broke that news to him.
  • Elam is out of school this week and was excited to have a "date day" with just me tomorrow when Silas was at school. We were going to have a day of making smoothies, playing a huge game of Monopoly, and finishing the 3rd book in the Chronicles of Narnia. We're both bummed out about that one.
  • And finally, I am always disappointed when I have to spend quite a bit of my morning cleaning poop off of body parts, toilets, bathroom floors, rugs, carpet (that is very absorbent!), and the wall. (Yes! It was that bad!)

The good thing is that Sy is feeling good -- he's in good spirits anyway and eating/drinking well. And Elam plans to ask Ben to take Sy to a park on Saturday (if he's up to par) so that E and I can still have some time by ourselves.

*** Hopefully, this post didn't gross you out too much. As a mother of 2 kiddos (boys at that) you had to know this subject would come up sooner or later. :)

2 comments:

Hailey said...

I have to admit that you are most definietly giving me good insight as to what it come with baby V, would you quit that please?

Enjoy your day, and I hope that you and Elam get your date date soon and Silas get's better!!

Anonymous said...

Ah, buddy! Grammy is soooo sorry that you don't feel well and that you missed out on going to school -- I know how much you love your new school. Elam, I'm sorry you and Mommy won't get to play Monopoly tomorrow -- I know how much you love that game. Hopefully, Saturday. Missing all of you...Grammy