09 November 2006

Blueberry Muffins



The boys and I made these blueberry muffins a few weeks ago and I have since made them two more times -- once for a playdate (the kids gobbled them up) and once for tea. They are not too difficult and they're REALLY good -- much better than the mixes I would whip up in the States.

Sift together 2 c. flour, 2 tsp. baking powder, 1/2 tsp. salt.

In separate bowl, beat 1/2 c. butter until creamy. Add 1 c. sugar and mix well. Then add 2 eggs and 1 tsp. vanilla and beat well.

Add dry mix and 1/2 c. milk to the butter mixture -- alternating 1/2 dry mixture and 1/2 milk at a time. Add 2 c. fresh or frozen blueberries (I use frozen -- I've also added some frozen raspberries when I didn't have quite enough blueberries) and mix.

Spoon into 12 well greased muffin cups with the top of the muffin pan greased as well -- the batter will be near to the top. Mix 1 Tbsp. sugar and 1/4 tsp. cinammon and sprinkle over tops. Bake at 180 C/375 F for 25-30 mins. Let cool in pan for 15 -30 mins.

2 comments:

Hailey said...

Save a muffin for me and Vivien - we want one!! if only . . .

-C said...

Love a new muffin recipe --- will have to try soon!