So, my only 2 "real" jobs that I have had I got right away...no struggle...no rejection...just got the job, you can start on Monday sort of thing. Well, rejection and struggle time has come. After sending in a dozen or so resumes to the University and not a single bite on any of them...I have decided to look elsewhere. I was waiting until after the holidays and for Silas to get into his nursery. Now I am looking for a part-time job for the mornings...that way Ben can take the boys to school and study at home in silence and then I can be home by lunch to stay with Silas and let Ben go to the Uni for classes/seminars/study time.
My start is not promising. We live blocks from Tesco and a huge retail park. Without transportation this seems the best option. So, I decided to look on B&Q's website today. I found that they had their job opportunities listed for their hundreds of stores and you could apply right on-line -- Perfect! I search through several pages for the Durham store and write down a couple of possibilities. Some I had never heard of and so I clicked on one to see if it gave me a job description. It took me to a new window where a survey asked me a few basic questions (like if I had been convicted of any crimes) to see if I fit their ideal applicant. I continued with the process -- took a personality inventory, filled out an application form, put in my contact details, and then DONE! Oops! It never told me what the job description was. I hit the back button and found that I had applied under the position of "Signwriter (CA) -- Part-time"...I clicked around on the website a bit but could never find job descriptions anywhere...so I went to search on google. Turns out that a signwriter doesn't make those cute little signs that show up in the store windows or on the endcaps. A signwriter is someone that can write sign-language. *GULP* I guess if they call me I will have to fess up that I have no qualifications in that area and plead with them to move the application over to a do-able position. I'm sure that will get me some big points in the hiring process...I could always just ask that they give me a position where I don't have to use the computer.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
5 comments:
If only you could learn sign language overnight - DRAT!! I will be praying for the perfect job that meets the families needs!
Mom and I were laughing so hard on the phone tonight...thinking about how far my signing that we did with the boys as babies would carry me. "Please" give me a job! I want "more" money than that! It was too funny.
You are sooo much like your momma! I can so see me doing something like that...thinking you could put your caligraphy skills to use...so funny! Know that God has provided everything you all needed and exceedingly above...so know that the "perfect" job is out there somewhere...again, we just need to wait for a sign!
That is so funny! I laughed out loud when I read it. tee, hee
That is so funny...amazing the things you can google!
Post a Comment