So I just read that our phone company (Vonage) offers free calls to Europe! They offer cheap phone service here in the states through the internet, and we've used them for a couple of years. The phone router they give you just plugs into your modem and then you plug your normal phone into it just like you would into the wall. The cool thing is that you can take that phone router with you anywhere and your phone number just travels with you.
So here's the trick. We plan to take the router with us to England so our Dallas number will travel with us. That way, it's still a normal call for those still here. Also, I just signed up for a Durham, England number (just another $5/month). Since you get free calls to the UK, we can just call UK people from our Vonage phone router for free and have a local number there. It seems too easy. Isn't technology cool!
For those of you with a DSL or cable modem, I would highly recommend it. If you are interested, let me know because if I send you the referral email through their system, you and I will get a month or two free.
18 May 2006
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment